Roll on Autumn
Hi folks! After something of a seminar hiatus over August, September and October are jam-packed with useful training events from law firms and more. Check out the Events page to see a comprehensive listing, and read on for some highlights of the coming week.
- If you’re in the Start Up, Legal Tech or Venture world, you really need to be heading to Legal Geek on 17 October (all day). It’s the landmark event for innovation in the legal industry. There will be 50 Start Ups presenting in Start Up Alley, and presentations from the likes of Lun Cap Ventures, Smiths Group, Deloitte and many, many more. Tickets are now on sale at £150 a head. Crafty will be present - hope to see you there!
- The Law Society are hosting a session on Routes to the Board on 7 September (i.e. next week - 17.30 - 20.30). A panel discussion will focus on how to develop your career and gain access to the Board Room, with a special focus on Company Secretarial opportunities.
- Norton Rose are hosting a Fund and Private Equity Academy session focusing on Brexit - Possible Scenarios for Investors. Speakers include the Director General of the BVCA. Check it out on 20 September (16.30 - 19.30).
- If you need to brush up on Commercial Contracts, September has two events for you. Those in London can attend a session with Taylor Wessing focusing on drafting Commercial Contracts around the GDPR (19 September, 16.30-17.30). If you happen to be in Scotland, CMS would love to see you on 12 September (08.30 - 10.45) for their Commercial Contracts Round-Up.
- Finally, advance warning of In House Lawyer training days at Osborne Clarke and BLP!
- Osborne Clarke are in Bristol (5 October), Reading (12 October) and London (19 October) to deliver their annual all day update for In House Lawyers. Topics include the Corporate Tax Evasion Offence, Blockchain, GDPR (as ever) and the Gig Economy. The London event is already waiting list only, but the Reading and Bristol events have capacity.
- Keep checking in for the BLP Busy Lawyers Programme! Crafty attended last October and loved it. BLP seem to have a perfect blend of silly costumes, cheesy puns, and bite sized legal training across a variety of practice areas. 2017’s event has yet to be publicized - we’ll be passing on the news to you once available!
Until next time, Crafty