Lessons Beyond Legal
Ever feel that we’re a teeny-weeny bit introspective within legal? Well, at Crafty Counsel, we decided to address this by asking this line-up of professionals, who don’t practise law, what insights they have for lawyers.
In season one, we talk to:
- Tech industry stars, Ivy Wong and Shaz Aziz, about what they wish they’d known when they were lawyers.
- Leanne Bentley about what lawyers can learn from legal secretaries. She has over 30 years of experience in City law firms, so she should know!
- Helen Burness, who gives us the lowdown on what law firm lawyers should know about their marketing colleagues.
- And Dr Imogen Staveley tells us what the healthcare world has learned about hierarchy, culture, and checklists, and what legal can learn from that approach.
In season two, we talk to:
- Lawyer and entrpreneur, Denise Nurse, discusses her unique career change from lawyer to TV presenter and setting up her own law firm.
- Jeremy Hopkins about what he’s learn from multiple roles and decades in legal.
- Lawyer and pilates instructor, Katie Power, about combining the two roles.
- Rebecca Chui on the change from techincal consultant to lawyer.
- Start-up founder, Mariana Hagstrom, shares her journey from law firm Managing Partner.
- Former lawyer, Eloise Skinner reflects on how her monastic training led her to become an entrepreneur.
P.S. If you want to keep up to date with the latest Crafty Counsel content, news from the sector and updates from the legal community then subscribe to our newsletter here!