Harmony Energy Limited
London (or Yorkshire)
31st January 2023
Harmony Energy is one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing owners and operators of utility-scale battery energy storage projects – as well as being active in the solar and onshore wind sectors.
In addition to having a portfolio of operational assets, the company controls a multi-gigawatt pipeline of projects and employs an in-house team of development and delivery experts. Harmony Energy also manages Harmony Energy Income Trust Plc (“HEIT plc”) an investment trust which was listed on the London Stock Exchange in November 2021. HEIT plc is governed by an independent non-executive board of directors and has an external AIFM and Company Secretary.
The company is headquartered in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, with offices also in London and Darlington. We also have development teams in France and New Zealand and continue to investigate opportunities in other territories.
Rapid growth of the company has resulted in us looking to expand our team.
About the Role
The Company Secretary/Compliance Officer will be a key member of the team reporting to the General Counsel. Scope will involve roles involving both the listed sector and private sector. The candidate will be responsible (acting with support of external advisors where appropriate) for:
- leading the group’s in-house company secretarial function, working closely with the group CEO, General Counsel and HEIT directors. In relation to HEIT plc, this will involve instructing, managing and supervising HEIT plc’s external Company Secretary;
- maintaining group structure charts, company books/registers;
- reviewing, updating and overseeing compliance with the group’s existing policies and relevant systems and controls;
- creating new group policies, systems and controls where applicable, in order to comply with obligations under UK legislation (including, specifically, data protection);
- liasing with, managing and procuring (if applicable) external advisors including HR; Health & Safety; Company Secretary, IT, PR, website hosting etc;
- assist Harmony Energy (in its capacity as investment manager of HEIT plc) with fulfilment of its FCA compliance obligations (working with the independent AIFM);
- assisting the General Counsel and wider team on M&A and fundraising projects; and
- assist Harmony Energy with regular reporting functions both to the HEIT plc board and the wider market, including contribution to the preparation of quarterly, interim and annual reports.
The position requires a motivated and enthusiastic individual who can manage competing priorities and communicate fluently in a fast-paced and high performing team environment. Highly organised, reliable and efficient, the candidate will have excellent attention to detail and be capable of delivering work to a high standard of accuracy. The candidate will have the confidence to work independently and demonstrate a proactive approach, with a willingness to scrutinise and challenge instructions as well as learn and potentially take on new responsibilities.
The role would be of interest to those who want the challenge and responsibility of contributing towards the successes of a rapidly growing and ambitious company, with the support of an experienced professional team to hone existing skills.
Education and Experience
It is desirable for the candidate to have a minimum of 2 – 3 years’ as a senior company secretary with a mix of private company and public company experience and strong corporate governance skills. FCA compliance/regulatory expertise is preferred but not mandatory. Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent in one or more of the following areas preferred: Law, Accounting, Business Management or a high level ICSA qualification.
Experience within the renewables industry is helpful but not essential. Also helpful would be experience producing board level materials as well as internal communications.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong project management skills and experience managing complex, long-term workstreams and initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Able to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders across all seniority levels.
- Highly adept at working collaboratively within a fast-paced team environment.
- Works with an inquisitive mind to challenge and seek improvements.
Package and Benefits
- Flexible working arrangements (ideally the candidate would work in either our London or Yorkshire office at least 2 days per week)
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Annual bonus
- Share option scheme
- Salary sacrifice EV leasing scheme
- Death in Service cover
- Private medical insurance
Part-time role can be accommodated, but minimum 4 days per week.
No recruiters please.