Paralegal - £25,000 - £45,000, Lawyer - £45,000 - £80,000
09th August 2023
In-house Corporate Paralegal/Lawyer
Hybrid working, office based in Poole
Paralegal – £25,000 – £45,000
Lawyer – £45,000 – £80,000
Salary will be commensurate with capabilities, skills and experience, aligned to defined criteria in our benchmarking framework.
We have built a brand that represents the people of the world. It’s what you do that counts, and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future.
We encourage talent applications from underrepresented backgrounds. We see you, we celebrate you, we want you!
We provide legal support to all areas of the global business that, includes corporate, commercial, media, tech, IP licensing, litigation, finance, and compliance on an international scale.
Who you’ll be:
The full specification of the preferred responsibilities and skills are provided in the attached full advert. We are seeking a variety of roles at differing levels, and would encourage applications for entry-level roles if you currently do not meet all requirements but have a willingness and drive to learning and developing expertise in this area. If you feel you have the experience or skill set to develop into a Senior lead corporate subject matter expert, you will be offered the opportunity of a 12 month training programme with the HoL and the deputy manager.
Key responsibilities, skills and relevant experience
You will support in a variety of complex corporate, legal and compliance issues arising across the group and its associates.You will work as a corporate law subject matter expert, providing support on all corporate legal issues as they arise and improving processes and ensuring good corp gov. You will report to the HoL and deputy manager and be responsible for and have experience in the matters listed below.
Drafting experience and skills
– You will be confident in drafting a range of corporate documents, including but not limited to; board minutes, resolutions, shareholder agreements, incorporation questionnaires, loan agreements, POAs, signing mandates, SPAs.
Legal corporate transactional experience and advice skills
– You will have corporate transactional experience, such as removing and appointing directors, negotiating JVs, SPAs, exiting shareholders, instructing and managing valuations, identifying tax considerations, completing relevant filings, general M&A transactions, experience structuring corporate vehicles with foreign investment, restructures, corporate DD, BMs, GMs, loan finance, steps plans for various corporate transactions.
– You will have general corp governance experience and be very familiar with advising on corporate law to ensure best practice and relevant filings.
– Strong communication and negotiation skills is imperative in this role.
– Maintain and update our internal database of templates for corporate transactions as the law/best practice develops, to ensure consistency and reduce external spend and time.
– We will consider experience that can demonstrate your ability to fulfil these key responsibilities, ideally from in-house experience, or through company secretarial roles
-The majority of projects that you will work on will be multidisciplinary and multi-jurisdiction in nature.
– You will be proactive and be responsible for maintaining a corporate calendar for the group and its associates, and ensuring all deadlines are met.
– Proactively monitor legal and regulatory developments and escalate any current and emerging risks to the HOL, whilst upskilling the team on new developments.
– Highly proficient in using PLC/Westlaw and other legal resources.
Training and development
– You will develop and deliver an internal training programme upskilling both members of the team, and commercial colleagues to ensure an keen understanding of corporate law and best practice in regards to process in place.
– You will be given the opportunity to develop into other areas of law and expand your knowledge.
– Alongside the ability to demonstrate experience that meets the key responsibilities/skills we would consider candidates who are: Ideally, degree qualified with at least 1+ years post qualification experience in corporate law, OR equivalent experience relevant to the role.
For more information, please see the full job spec attached on our careers site.
You can find more information here – weare.lush.com
– 50% discount on Lush products and spa treatments
– Bonus scheme
– Pension scheme
– Day off for weekday birthdays
– Holiday purchase scheme
– Cycle to work scheme
– Discounted rail and bus season tickets
– Employee assistance programme
– 6 months’ full pay for parental leave (primary caregiver)
– Financial childcare support on return to work
– We’re 10% Employee Owned, our colleagues have the opportunity to influence positive change in the business and have their voice heard
– Support groups, film nights, yoga, meditation sessions and much more
– Further legal training will be given for the right candidate to progress into other areas of law should they wish.
If all this sounds like you, please send us your CV and cover letter detailing why you want to join the cosmetic revolution and your current notice period.