Paralegal - £25,000 - £45,000, Lawyer - £45,000 - £80,000
09th August 2023
In-house International Commercial Paralegal/Lawyer
Hybrid working, office based in Poole
Paralegal – £25,000 – £45,000
Lawyer – £45,000 – £80,000
Salary will be commensurate with capabilities, skills and experience, aligned to defined criteria in our benchmarking framework.
We have built a brand that represents the people of the world. It’s what you do that counts, and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future.
We encourage talent applications from underrepresented backgrounds. We see you, we celebrate you, we want you!
We provide legal support to all areas of the global business that includes corporate, commercial, media, tech, IP licensing, litigation, finance, and compliance on an international scale.
You will be joining a commercially minded, fast-paced legal team and you will be surrounded by bright, talented and passionate people that love their job.
Who you’ll be:
Reporting into the Head of Legal/Assistant Managers you will have experience in the Legal field and be familiar with several areas of Law (or be prepared to learn and develop your skills in a number of key business areas). The more experience, the better!
You will be commercially driven with either in-house legal or private practice legal experience, who understands and identifies legal risks and finds solutions.
Whilst the full specification of the preferred responsibilities and skills are provided in the full advert attached. We are seeking a variety of roles at differing levels, and would encourage applications for entry-level roles if you currently do not meet all requirements but have a willingness and drive to learning and developing expertise in this area.
Key responsibilities, skills and relevant experience
Drafting and advising on commercial matters experience and responsibilities
– You will be confident in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts in a broad range of areas including charity, finance, manufacturing, digital and technology, media, buying, retail, IP and brand related matters and ensure that they are legally robust and compliant with the latest legislation.
– You will be responsible for providing commercial and general legal advice to the group and its associates, including advising internal stakeholders in connection with company processes and procedures and risks.
– You will contribute to the group/associates templates, and guidance documents and policies.
– Drive collaboration with various stakeholders locally and around the globe, ensuring that legal matters are effectively and efficiently managed.
– You will contribute to an annual legal audit risk assessment across Group and Associates to identify areas that can be improved upon in respect of entering into agreements and provide the Head of Legal regular updates.
– Maintain and update our internal database of templates for commercial transactions as the law/best practice develops, to ensure consistency and reduce external spend and time.
– You will maintain the electronic management of all agreements, working with the Assistant Manager to further develop the process, templates and storage system for agreements.
Project planning and processes
– You will have commercial transaction experience whereby you will be given a whole project that the business is working on and will develop a legal roadmap of what is required to ensure that the project is successful.
– Key project management skills, and an ability to combine your legal and business knowledge to understand the legal and commercial issues is fundamental for success in this role.
– Proactively monitor legal and regulatory developments and escalate any current and emerging risks to the HOL, whilst upskilling the team on new developments.
– We would consider experience where you can demonstrate an ability to research changes in law and to then apply these to business cases, especially when looking at legislation that spans across multiple jurisdictions.
– Ideally, degree qualified with at least 1+ years post qualification experience in commercial law, OR equivalent experience relevant to the role. For more senior positions we require extensive experience demonstrating an advanced capability to fulfil this role and lead in supporting this business area (and potentially other areas of legal expertise).
For more information, please see the full job description attached to this advert.
You can find more information on everything Lush here – weare.lush.com
– 50% discount on Lush products and spa treatments
– Bonus scheme
– Pension scheme
– Day off for weekday birthdays
– Holiday purchase scheme
– Cycle to work scheme
– Discounted rail and bus season tickets
– Employee assistance programme
– 6 months’ full pay for parental leave (primary caregiver)
– Financial childcare support on return to work
– We’re 10% Employee Owned, our colleagues have the opportunity to influence positive change in the business and have their voice heard
– Support groups, film nights, yoga, meditation sessions and much more
– Further legal training will be given for the right candidate to progress into other areas of law should they wish.
If all this sounds like you, please send us your CV and cover letter detailing why you want to join the cosmetic revolution and your current notice period.