Genius Sports Group
Soho Square London
50000 - 65000
23rd December 2022
A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties – from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
As Junior Privacy Counsel, you will be responsible for supporting Genius Sports Head of Privacy in the development, improvement, planning and execution of the privacy compliance strategy at Genius Sports. You will be part of Genius’ Privacy Team and you will report directly to the Group Head of Privacy.
- Advising on data transfers including carrying out transfer impact assessments and advising on, drafting and negotiating data processing agreements and model clauses
- Reviewing new projects and existing processing activities for data protection risks and performing data protection impact assessments where required
- Advising on the implementation of privacy baseline requirements into new products and services
- Monitoring regulatory/legislative developments and drafting and updating company policies, notices, consent forms and processes as required
- Assisting with the implementation of data protection and privacy compliance policies, procedures and controls in general
- Supporting the business with data subject requests and advising on data subject rights
- Supporting the Head of Privacy with data mapping, documenting processing activities on the records of processing and carrying out legitimate interests assessments as required
- Supporting the Head of Privacy with the management and resolution of incidents involving personal data
- Conducting privacy due diligence on new and existing vendors as well as assisting in responding to due diligence requests from Genius’ customers and clients
- Acting as privacy SME and handling ad-hoc privacy related questions/requests from the business
- Supporting the Head of Privacy with the management of Genius’ privacy program and preparing accountability documentation
- Reporting to the group Head of Privacy
- England & Wales qualified solicitor (1-3 PQE)
- Strong communicator; able to translate complex and technical laws to the business in easy to understand terms
- Ability to focus and prioritise the key things that need to be done and see the bigger picture
- Sense for spotting legal issues and escalating appropriately
- Demonstrated interest and up-to-date knowledge of EU and UK data protection law, including knowledge of EDPB and ICO and other major European DPA’s activities and guidance
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include flexible working (50% of time spent in office), health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)