Chandler's Ford, Southampton
Up to £60,000
28th February 2023
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Legal Compliance Advisor and you’ll be a big part of this.
In March 2022, as part of our ecommerce strategy, we became the first UK home improvement retailer to launch an online marketplace. This means we’re now integrating product ranges from verified third-party sellers into diy.com and the B&Q app – expanding our existing category ranges and adding new ones. Ultimately, giving our customers more choice and greater convenience to help them improve their homes to make life better.
Reporting into B&Q’s Legal Compliance Manager, this role acts as a trusted partner to the business by helping to manage legal compliance risk. You will do this by helping to identify risk and by providing proactive and reactive legal compliance guidance to stakeholders across the business on a broad range of matters with a particular focus on digital and ecommerce.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Provide timely advice to stakeholders across the business on a broad range of legal compliance matters with a particular focus on digital and ecommerce compliance
• Support B&Q’s Legal Compliance Manager to help steer the compliance of strategic initiatives
• Monitor risk and help to pro-actively drive compliance due diligence processes and solutions to help shape best practice
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to help effectively resolve vendor disputes, referrals from enforcement authorities, consumer legal claims and other related dispute management, managing external counsel where appropriate.
• Maintain a deep understanding of the regulatory landscape, business processes, and support the business on horizon scanning
• Represent B&Q in trade body meetings
• Proactively identify training needs and deliver training as appropriate
• Assist the Legal Compliance Manager with all other ad hoc related matters as required
his role would suit someone from a consumer law background or experience in a compliance role in the context of Market Place
Essential Technical / Professional Qualifications (if required):
• UK or legal compliance professional with relevant experience
• Full UK driving licence (Flexible and willing to travel in UK, Channel Islands and Ireland as required)
Required Skills & Experience:
• Experienced Legal Compliance professional with relevant experience working in an ecommerce, marketplace, or similar environment
• Ability to confidentially deal with a broad range of complex legal and compliance issues
• Experience of managing vendor disputes and working with Regulators on the response to regulatory enforcement activity
• Sound judgement
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively to build understanding and trust with stakeholders at all levels
• Excellent drafting skills with the ability to effectively draft a wide range of communications for various audiences
• Positive, resilient self-starter with ability to influence upwards
• Highly organised problem solver with the ability to prioritise a complex, high-volume workload under pressure and to deadlines
Competition law, intellectual property, FCA SM&CR compliance a significant plus