Malmesbury (Wiltshire) /Bristol
25th October 2023
Dyson has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable commercial lawyer to join the Group Contracting team in the UK, acting as a legal counsel. You will be joining a collaborative and expert team and advising the business on commercial contracts, disputes, and general commercial matters. You will report to one of the team’s Senior Legal Counsel in the UK.
This role will be based on-site, either at our state-of-the-art technology campus on the edge of the Cotswolds in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, or at our office in central Bristol (with some days in Malmesbury).
As a Legal Counsel within Dyson’s Group Contracting Legal team, you will be:
- Providing expert legal advice on commercial and contractual issues across the business, helping the business to navigate complex legal issues and overcome the challenges that it encounters.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on the terms of commercial contracts, including (amongst others) master service agreements, IT procurement, manufacturing and outsourcing arrangements.
- Identifying, advising on and devising mitigation strategies for legal risks.
- Assisting the business to resolve contractual disputes and managing litigation with third parties (with support from external legal counsel) when necessary.
- Building strong working relationships with stakeholders across the business including Procurement and Legal teams.
- Working as part of a cross-functional team to provide commercial and contractual legal support on important and high-profile projects across Dyson, and coordinating with other teams within the Dyson Legal department to ensure that the business receives cohesive advice.
- Contributing to the delivery of the team’s strategic objectives, supporting the Senior Legal Counsel and Head of Legal.
- Helping to deliver legal training programmes and maintain template documents and guidance notes.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of developments in relevant areas of law and contribute to the Legal team’s sharing of this knowledge and know-how.