30th September 2023
QVC is so much more than a retailer. It is a broadcast network. It is an ecommerce leader. And it is a great place to work! Come discover why QVC is like no other business in the world. Be part of a team that’s re-imagining shopping, entertainment and social as one. Keeping millions of global customers engaged through entertainment 24 hours a day, seven days a week takes the insight, intelligence, and ingenuity of a global team of switched-on media professionals.
QVC UK is on the search for a Legal Counsel, to provide professional, informed and commercially focused legal advice and support to all QVC business areas in the UK. The position is based in our media operations centre in Chiswick Park, London and is a hybrid role.
As Legal Counsel in the UK legal team, you will:
- Work closely with QVC’s business (including Marketing, Merchandising, Broadcast Operations and TV distribution, Technology, Operations and Supply Chain) and provide accurate and actionable advice, based on business needs and overall risk tolerance, with support from specialist external legal counsel where required.
- Proactively flag compliance issues as they arise; develop strategies to monitor compliance issues alongside the UK legal team and educate relevant QVC staff.
- Advise on ad hoc legal queries which could relate to any part of QVC’s value chain from sourcing and buying products, television broadcasting, marketing, intellectual property, selling and returns.
- Monitor legal developments relevant to the QVC business and brief relevant teams on risks and opportunities.
- Deliver discrete projects internally involving long term legal education, compliance, and risk minimization goals, including working with the Legal Operations Manager and legal technology systems to automate and improve processes wherever possible.
You will report to the UK General Counsel but you will work across the UK business at all levels and functions as appropriate. You will be in regular contact with members of the global legal functions ( Data Privacy and Ethics & Compliance), and with your colleagues in the wider QVC International and QVC US Legal teams. You’ll be dealing with external law firms who act for QVC and suppliers to QVC and their legal counsel (internal and external).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Fully qualified solicitor with Practicing Certificate from The Law Society, Law Degree (LLB) and Legal Practicing Certificate (LPC) or their equivalent.
- Experience working inhouse at a well-established corporate or in a reputable law firm.
- Strong legal technical expertise as well as good business acumen and people skills.
- Hands on at work and independent in managing complex projects whilst still working as part of a team.
- Strong written communication: ability to think and write clearly.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
We are QVC. The world’s biggest broadcaster-retailer and the 2nd largest global online retailer. Always on – and on a mission to change the way the world shops. QVC UK was formed in 1993, and now operates on QVC Live, QVC Beauty, QVC Style and QVC Extra channels, across all UK broadcast platforms and many connected TV platforms, always offering customers best deals on latest fashion, beauty, home style and technology.
QVC is part of the Qurate Retail Group, which comprises six leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce (“vCommerce”), which includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms.