30th November 2023
Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track your spend behaviour, see unique insights – all with additional security to help keep your money safe. Curve puts you in control of your money in one beautiful place for the first time.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the heart of everything we do. We have funding from the biggest names in tech investment, and a visionary C-suite who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the opportunity to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
We have ambitious plans for our over-the-top banking platform, and we are working hard to expand across multiple product verticals and geographies. Your role is to help make that happen and be a top contributor in the legal team. You will support and enable the development of Curve’s innovative over-the-top banking platform and work closely with various stakeholders within the business, primarily our product team. Curve is a highly energetic environment and we would like you to be a self starter, innovative and pragmatic. Curve aims to be a customer’s one place to spend, send, see and save money. Your objective? To help Curve get there in a compliant and quick manner!
- Be a top contributor and decision-maker in the legal team by driving for results whether those relate to completing a high-value commercial contract negotiation or being a trusted partner to the product team to launch a new feature.
- Help to deliver product features and ensure they comply with relevant UK and EU regulations, including by interpreting complex legal requirements in a practical and business-focused manner.
- Update Curve’s terms of service, with regards to new products, services and regulations.
- Advise business owners and executives of legal risks and mitigations in relation to a variety of topics (including data protection, strategic partnerships and consumer credit) by taking ownership of matters and finding effective solutions to complex business activities.
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment and across different departments. Have the ability to pivot quickly between matters and adapt to changing environments.
- Analyse changes to regulatory requirements and proactively handle regulatory developments.
- Fully qualified lawyer, ideally with 1-3 years post qualified experience, strong academics and training with a top law firm.
- Experience of advising on payments, electronic money and credit regulations. Experience interpreting scheme rules and the FCA Handbook would be a bonus.
- Demonstrable experience of owning projects, being resourceful and having the ability to think on your feet.
- High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are top-notch, including the ability to succinctly summarise and interpret legal jargon and implications.
- Experience of working in a fast growth tech company would be a bonus!
We’ve built a strong, driven culture at Curve that operates on principles of Extreme Ownership and Obsessing About Customers. We’re looking for an individual who’ll not only fit into that team, but will bring new ideas, challenge us and roll up their sleeves when needed. If you think you’d enjoy that and want to be at the forefront of fintech innovation, come and let us know why! You might be interested in an article written by one of our team.
- Competitive salary with employee share options package.
- Free Curve Metal subscription for you and +1
- Generous yearly Learning and Development budget
- 10 days per year for training and conferences
- Unlimited book policy
Health and Wellbeing:
- Life insurance
- Health care cash plan
- Life coaching
- EAP services
- 24/7 GP access
- Annual subscriptions to Calm & FIIT for your mind and body
- Discounted gym membership.
- Ride to work scheme
- Nutritionist access
- Discounted shopping vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Bonus days off for your birthday, moving house and Christmas
- Six nights of Night Nanny for new parents