Flexible - Office locations across the UK with agile working
20th February 2023
Come join our growing legal team supporting the Kier Construction business units within the group. An exciting opportunity to join a company with an unbeatable order book and a real mandate for growth. We’re looking for a self-starter comfortable working with relative autonomy who has an ability to develop strong professional relationships across different levels of seniority and a desire for continuous improvement.
As in-house legal counsel your primary responsibilities would include:
- Collaboratively working with others in the commercial function to identify and manage legal risk and mitigation strategies
- Drive and deliver initiatives to enable the business to self-serve where appropriate including involvement and delivering toolkits and legal awareness training
- Assisting in developing and maintaining legal precedents
- Providing day to day legal input to commercial/business/operational issues for our regional building business units
- Procuring and managing external legal support driving efficiency and value
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to deliver business performance in line with the overall strategy.
- Mix of contentious and non-contentious work
- Contentious – input and strategic guidance on issues in a pre-dispute setting and ensuring efficient and effective handling of disputes through formal dispute resolution processes
- Non-Contentious – review of tenders for key frameworks critical to our business and project advisory work
- Working with other Group functions (corporate compliance, insurance, health and safety, procurement, tax etc.) to facilitate efficient operations and support compliance with relevant legislation and regulations affecting the business.