03rd March 2023
We are looking for a new key member of our evolving Grosvenor Legal team. We work in close partnership with our business team colleagues to achieve Grosvenor’s strategic objectives – ensuring that we deliver lasting commercial, social and environmental benefit in everything we do. In addition, the team is Grosvenor’s centre of expertise for managing legal & reputational risk for the business, and is responsible for Grosvenor’s overall legal governance framework, providing guidance in the UK and internationally. We are also responsible for ensuring excellence in legal services and valuable business partnering from our external law firms.
This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer to build expertise and grow professionally – not just technical skills, but broader business acumen, with an emphasis on ESG. You will be part of a culture of innovation, high performance and growth mindset. The role involves direct relationships with your business team colleagues and senior executives, influencing business outcomes. While you’ll have autonomy, you will have the support of senior legal team members in a small collaborative team. There will be a range of work and professional development opportunities, with a mix of direct operating company responsibility in the UK property business, plus the Grosvenor-wide group activities.
- As part of a small and active legal team, providing broad general in-house commercial support as a trusted business partner. Supporting our UK property operating business, but also a significant focus on working with Grosvenor group teams who support the broader Grosvenor-wide activities.
- Being our go-to person with oversight of data protection/information management and business ethics regulation (modern slavery, financial crime), specifically for the UK but also to guide central frameworks for these areas Grosvenor-wide.
- Being an innovation champion for the Grosvenor Legal team, working on both legal and business challenges – collaborating with business colleagues as part of our employee-led innovation culture.
- Supporting ambitious ESG initiatives, including our environmental roadmap, Supply Chain Charter, social impact strategies and ED&I.
- Providing leadership to the business on managing legal and reputational risks. Including proactive horizon scanning and law reform – preparing the business for the opportunities and threats of policy change.
- Contributing to know-how development, training and best practice for the Grosvenor Legal team and the broader business teams, including producing standards/policies.
- Ensuring value-driven service from our external legal advisers – finding new and improved ways to deliver legal services.
- Commercial lawyer, ideally with at least 3 years post-qualification (England & Wales) experience. Candidates with PQE 1+ year will be considered, depending on rotation or other professional experiences. Lawyers from other common law jurisdictions welcome (but must be willing to requalify in England). We are open to a range of skills and experiences, with some solid business/commercial law foundations – and encourage candidates with a diverse range experience to apply. Real estate experience is not necessary.
- Strong preference for private practice experience gained within a corporate firm environment. In-house or secondment experience a bonus.
- Commercially-minded and pragmatic. Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills – delivered while working at pace. Creative – our purpose is to deliver lasting commercial, social and environmental benefit in everything we do.
- Passion for ESG.
- Commitment to a growth mindset, with continuous improvement and desire to be a core member of a high performing team. Ambition to evolve broader commercial general in-house counsel skills with us. Enthusiasm to take on and champion new areas of expertise.
- Must thrive in a dynamic relationship-based environment, building internal networks and developing professional and personal impact. Strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Ability to influence and unite diverse teams across the broader business.
- Must embrace innovation as fundamental to a successful career with Grosvenor.
- Courage to challenge and be challenged.
- Exceptional standards of integrity, respect and trust – the shared values of the Grosvenor Family, the Grosvenor Trustees and all who work at Grosvenor.
Application deadline Friday 3rd March.
At Grosvenor we value diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our people. If you need assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability, please provide details along with your application. Grosvenor offers a hybrid approach to working – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.