Cambridge University Press & Assessment
£53,000 - £63,000
25th September 2022
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
We are looking for a technology and procurement lawyer, to come and help us support our global business with pragmatic, commercial legal advice.
About the role
This is an opportunity for you to join Legal & Business Affairs (L&BA), an approachable team which empowers the business to make effective and ethical choices and is enthusiastic about operational excellence to help us continually improve the way we support Cambridge. We are a large yet close-knit team that supports each other, enjoys solving problems, and loves changing the way our colleagues think about Legal, Business Ethics and Compliance. We are seeking team members who share our passion and our values: collaborative, innovative, empowering and responsible.
The role is a key part of the Data, Technology & Procurement team in Legal & Business Affairs, and you would get to work on new and exciting IT and procurement matters with great colleagues. It offers a varied caseload, both due to the changing nature of our business, particularly the shift from print to digital, and from products to services, and also the international reach of our work as part of a global organisation with offices in over 50 countries.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Co-managing the shared team in-boxes (Technology, Privacy and FOI) by assessing incoming queries, allocating matters, tracking responses and providing responsive and timely advice to the business.
- Becoming a key contact to the organisation’s technology and procurement teams and helping advise on all data protection and privacy matters across the organisation.
- Advising on a wide range of contracts and templates required for the technology and procurement needs of each business division and propose/implement improvements to our contracting processes.
- Drafting and reviewing bespoke and non-standard contracts and addenda and support the negotiation of the purchase of all types of goods and services.
- Contributing to L&BA department-wide initiatives and projects and provide input to the creation and maintenance of an efficient, effective digital contracts solution and the use of our other compliance software and tools.