Remote / London
11th November 2022
We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us? We’re hiring a Legal Counsel to join our Elite Business Unit (EBU), where you will come in and play a part in our continued international growth. Hudl’s EBU serves some of the biggest names in professional sports across the globe, and you will join Hudl’s Global Legal Team working with our Legal Director and the rest of the legal team to support our EBU across the globe.
You will be focused on providing legal counsel to Hudl’s EBU providing balanced, efficient and practical legal advice. Whilst a substantial portion of the work is commercial in nature, the ideal candidate will be a generalist comfortable advising across a number of legal areas.
Hudl has a flexible working policy. You can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as you are able to visit our London office from time to time.
- Professionally qualified and experienced. Ideally 1-4 years post qualification experience in an international law firm and/or in-house. Preferably, you also have relevant legal experience in the context of international commercial transactions, IP, data protection and software/SaaS deals.
- Business-minded. You’re a commercial attorney who understands business objectives and helps balance legal risks under tight deadlines.
- Solutions-oriented. You’re a creative problem-solver who can collaborate, and who is curious about technology and business.
- A global citizen. We work with customers from all over the world—an appreciation for cultural diversity is a must.
- An excellent communicator. Strong proficiency in English—written and oral—and the ability to translate legalese is critical. Being multilingual is a huge plus.
- Resilient. Sometimes our team is in high-pressure situations. But we like to have fun with our jobs, so a positive attitude and sense of humour are appreciated.
- Partner with the business. You’ll provide legal guidance to internal clients across multiple departments around the globe as it relates to the Elite Business Unit, including BU leaders, Sales, Marketing, and Product
- Negotiate commercial contracts. You’ll help us to negotiate a variety of commercial transactions, including sales, marketing and technology agreements, strategic partnerships, vendor agreements and customer contracts.
- Listen. Hone your client service skills and adaptability by meeting the needs of our clients while helping us improve our processes.
- Keep us compliant. You’ll help us ensure all laws and regulations dealing with data privacy and intellectual property are followed.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We’ve invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.