Compare The Market
27th October 2022
Our purpose is to make great financial decision making a breeze for everyone, and that purpose drives us every day.
It’s why we’re on a mission to create an automated quoting engine, with the simplest of experiences, wrapped in a brand everyone loves!
We change lives by making it simple to switch and save money and that’s why good things happen when you meerkat.
We’d love you to be part of our journey.
Joining our friendly collaborative team, you’ll report into our Associate Director – Commercial Legal and be supported by our Senior Lawyers. In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to improving the efficiency of our Legal team and support us in activities/initiatives, including know-how resources and delivering training on legal issues.
As our Legal Counsel Manager you’ll draft, negotiate, and advise on a wide range of matters, balancing legal risks against achieving business objectives. Strong stakeholder management skills will be pivotal, working with a variety of people across CTM, representing CTM with third parties and working with external counsel on individual matters. You will support us in making informed decisions to manage our exposure to legal, regulatory, and contractual risks.
Everyone is welcome.
We have a culture of creativity. We approach our work passionately, improve constantly and celebrate our wins at every turn. We are an inclusive workplace and our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic, whole selves to work. Everyone is welcome. Be you.
This means we’re excited to hear from people with a range of skills, experiences and ideas. We don’t expect you to tick all the boxes, but would love you to hear what makes you great for this role.
- Be a qualified solicitor with right to practise in England and Wales
- Have at least two+ years of relevant legal practice experience (PQE) gained either in a law firm and/or in a fast-paced, commercial in-house environment
- Know how to advise on a wide range of legal issues with working knowledge of specialist areas of commercial law
- Have strong written/ verbal communication skills and stakeholder management skills with an ability to communicate legal issues in plain English and adapt communication style to the audience
- Be able to identify potential legal issues and consider the commercial impact when applying technical expertise in a timely manner
- Have excellent organisation skills – ability to work independently under pressure and manage multiple competing priorities
Our people bring our purpose to life.
The commercial legal team is part of Legal, Risk and Compliance team. Being a member of Legal, Risk and Compliance team, you’ll be ensuring we operate in the most effective and efficient way possible to deliver against our strategy, whilst minimising risk to CTM. Legal, Risk and Compliance is an essential part of our business and make sure our technical teams are equipped to deliver better outcomes, faster.
There’s something for everyone.
We’re a place of opportunity. You’ll have the tools and autonomy to drive your own career, supported by a team of amazingly talented people.
And then there’s our benefits. For us, it’s not just about a competitive salary and hybrid working, we care about what matters to you. From a generous holiday allowance and private healthcare to an electric car scheme and paid development, wellbeing and CSR days, we’ve pretty much got you covered!