31st July 2023
Globacap is a rapidly growing capital markets fintech, on a mission to digitise and automate the world’s private capital markets. We deliver workflow automation software-as-a-service that brings public markets-like efficiency to private markets. From issuing securities to the ongoing administration of them, to the settlement of secondary transactions in private securities, it’s all point and click.
Our technology is already being used by some of the largest institutions in the world, such as the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Nomura/Instinet.
We’re looking for people with imagination and experience to be part of our rapidly growing team. Do you have that, and share our passion for technology? Do you like taking ownership and seeing the rewards of your hard work? Do you want to be part of a rapidly growing company with big ambitions to reshape the capital markets industry? If so, we’d love to have you on our team.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a full-time lawyer, but for the right candidate we are willing to consider part-time or flexible working. The successful candidate will be a talented lawyer with extensive financial services experience to join our team through our next phase of growth.
We are a rapidly growing company and our Legal team support the business in all aspects of its growth. As such the scope of work you will undertake is extremely broad, supporting the company across all functions with their legal queries.
The work you’ll do ranges day-to-day from advising product with features and requirements, drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts with our clients and partners, supporting various forms of capital market transaction using our platform, supporting compliance with regulatory matters (including FCA regulatory matters and data protection compliance), to large scale corporate projects such as fundraising and acquisitions, and internal projects such as new products or internal initiatives.
We will expect you to add value throughout the organisation. No two days are the same as you will engage with stakeholders across the business, helping with our business growth, and advise our commercial, technology and executive teams.
We are primarily a remote working organisation, however we have an office in central London you are free to use if you prefer to work from the office. Occasional/infrequent travel to the London office may be required from time to time as well for meetings or when face-to-face collaboration is more appropriate.
What you’ll do
· Work with the General Counsel to advise on any and all legal matters that may affect the business from time to time.
· Supporting the General Counsel when advising the executive team and board, with the ability and confidence to step in from time to time for the General Counsel.
· Managing Company Secretarial matters for all group companies including managing all relevant corporate filings and maintaining the company registers (using the Globacap Platform).
· Drafting and negotiating an array of agreements and other legal documents for all functions across the business.
· Improving internal processes and supporting projects alongside other key stakeholders.
· Working with our Head of Compliance on policy, regulatory, product related, and data-protection/GDPR matters.
· Instructing and managing our outside counsel
· Identifying market opportunities for new customers
· Minimum 5-8 years PQE experience in a leading law firm and/or in-house at a financial services firm, or at a Tech/FinTech company
· First rate technical skills with the ability to think pragmatically and commercially and find creative solutions to novel and complex problems
· Extensive relevant experience including corporate, capital markets, regulatory, commercial, contractual and investment work. Advantageous if you have exposure to venture capital transactions, and private investments. For the right candidate with the right skill set who is willing to learn, we are willing to consider a variety of experiences
· Have a good understanding of the UK and EU regulatory landscape, including the FCA Handbook and surrounding regulations, MiFID II, GDPR and similar regulations relevant to a financial services business
· An interest in legal design and creative and modern approaches to contracting
· Be able to prioritise tasks and use own initiative while employing utmost efficiency
· A true team ethic with an emphasis on maintaining your own and the business’ integrity
· An engaging, humble, kind and positive personality with a growth mindset
· A positive hands-on and “yes, we can” approach
· You have experience working for (or advising) fast growing fintech or SaaS businesses
· You have knowledge of the FCA Handbook and applicable regulations (financial promotions, client assets, etc.)
· You have experience advising on or managing fund raisings (Series B/C etc.)
What we offer you
· Share options in a rapidly growing fintech that is starting to scale
· Unlimited holidays
· Flexible and remote working
· Private Health Insurance
· Company pension