20th July 2023
What is our mission?
We are on an exciting mission to revolutionise corporate treasury management through an innovative multi-currency banking and crypto offering. Our company sits at the frontier of digital assets (crypto) and traditional (fiat) finance and is leading the way to bridging those two worlds for corporate clients globally. We believe crypto is here to stay, and we want to be the first to bring a combined offering of corporate banking products and digital assets under one exciting platform. Learn more about our team and company story here.
What is the purpose of this role in the delivery of our mission?
As a highly qualified Senior Legal Counsel you will oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows the law and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues. The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
What the role involves:
- Legal advice on financial services related regulatory matters (in particular payment, e-money issuance, virtual asset custody and exchange services and all applicable licensing and regulatory regimes)
- Managing of new and existing licence applications processes, liaising with regulatory authorities, conducting regulatory research and delivering legal opinions
- Creating and enhancing Product Agreements, Terms and Conditions and other customer facing documentation
- Creating and enhancing internal policies, procedures, decisions, handling all corporate governance matters
- Assisting in fundraising by advising and drafting of all necessary documents from corporate law perspective
- Assisting the company with data protection compliance arrangements to include updating policies and guidance, drafting contracts and working with DPO to put in place robust, time-bound remedial plans where necessary
- Creating and reviewing partnership agreements, vendor contracts, intra-company and other contractual documents
- Monitoring new financial services industry regulations and ensuring compliance of business with applicable laws and regulations
- Legal risk assessments
- Horizon scanning of applicable regulations in relevant jurisdictions
- Master degree in Law
- 5+ years of legal work experience of which at least 3+ in the financial services sector (banking, fintech, with regulator or else)
- Deep understanding of financial services regulations, licensing requirements and corporate governance in UK and EEA
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Personality – positive, result oriented, open minded, resilient and hands-on leader with “can-do” attitude
Join us if you are:
- Motivated: About our product and making it a world-class solution through innovative tech.
- Customer-Driven: prioritises the user above all else
- Self-Starter: Unafraid of ambiguity, identifies what matters most and delivers, without waiting or apprehension.
- Ownership-taker: Owns the goals, and more importantly, their results.
- Communicator: Doesn’t expect communication to happen but ensures it, with emphasis on excellent written communication.
- Kind: Treats everyone inside and outside of our organisation with dignity, and respects differences in perspectives, opinions, and experiences.