30th June 2022
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Legal Counsel, UK & Ireland
- Based in the Maidenhead office with a 3-day office /2-day flex hybrid working model.
- Reporting to the Legal Director, UK & Ireland
- Highly competitive salary, LTI’s, Car Allowance, Great working environment, bonus and comprehensive benefits package.
Working closely with the Legal Director, duties will include the analysis and provision of legal advice focused on business-oriented solutions on a wide range of matters. Such matters include legal market access issues, the negotiation and preparation of an extensive range of agreements including supply, manufacturing, distribution/co-promotion agreements, marketing and sales agreements, competition law advice, procurement law, pharmaceutical law and compliance, data protection, clinical trials regulation and general risk management.
- Identify complex legal issues related to assigned matter; propose alternative solutions.
- Resolve routine and moderately complex legal matters in practice area with minimal supervision.
- Resolve complex legal issues (particularly in cross-functional or cross border projects) with supervision.
- Be expected to gain a solid knowledge of AbbVie’s businesses and knowledge of the broader business impact of decisions made (for example, be a member of a brand team); be expected to keep abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas and represent AbbVie externally to suppliers.
- Resolve legal issues using negotiation skills and legal expertise.
- Develop tools and processes to effectively manage legal work and requests for legal work.
- Train the business on key legal developments and areas and develop practical checklists and working tools for the business to facilitate their work.
- With the Legal Director, the extent that complex problems or specific technical expertise is required, select and direct the work of outside counsel, including define project objectives and budget.
- Qualifications & experience:Previous experience of the pharmaceutical industry is required. In house experience is not essential in the case of the right candidate.
- Understanding and experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Commercial & contract law (with national and cross-border contracts)
- Public Procurement & Tenders
- National and EU competition law
- Pharmaceutical Advertising law
- Compliance – ABPI Code regulation
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory law
- General understanding/experience in Intellectual Property (patents, trademarks, copyright)
- Litigation practice and procedure
- Product Liability law
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.