Lawyers routinely manage budgets in the millions, but how often are we trained on how to do this and what to expect?
Stephanie Hamon sits down with seven leaders in legal operations, from organisations large and small, and talks with them each about how they adapted to running a budget and what lessons they have to pass on to their peers. Topics covered include the importance of getting to grips with every line in your budget (especially if you didn’t prepare it), forecasting, leveraging data and technology to help you – and the critical importance of finding a best friend in finance.
Stephanie Hamon, Head of Legal Operations Consulting, at Norton Rose Fulbright, speaks with:
- Dave Hart, Legal Director, Global, BT
- Flora Duguid, Head of Legal, MVF
- Simon Coles, General Counsel, Growth Street
- Sharin Ahmed
- Sherrill Taggart, Group Legal Director, Post Office Group
- Keruschka Shunmugam, Legal Operations Manager, Liberis