It’s lonely at the top. We often get promoted for being great at our jobs, but rarely do you receive thorough grounding in how to manage people, which can often mean taking on tough, unpopular decisions that directly affect former peers.
Stephanie talks through the issues with our line-up of fascinating presenters from organisations large and small. The team offer contrasting perspectives on how to step up as a leader, from setting out a clear vision, to knowing when to coach and mentor, to investing in the technical tools to support you. “Soft skills are core skills” is a key theme of this episode.
Stephanie Hamon, Head of Legal Operations Consulting, at Norton Rose Fulbright, speaks with:
- Dave Hart, Legal Director, Global, BT
- Flora Duguid, Head of Legal, MVF
- Simon Coles, General Counsel, Growth Street
- Sharin Ahmed
- Sherrill Taggart, Group Legal Director, Post Office Group
- Keruschka Shunmugam, Legal Operations Manager, Liberis